If you haven’t already, please follow us on Twitter for updates of what the Reception children are doing and achieving in action!
We are thrilled to welcome this year’s Reception class to St. Mary’s and will be using this page to update you on important dates and information.
Please feel free to see us if you have any questions.
The Reception Team
Miss Collis and Miss Brownscombe
Meet the Teacher - Autumn 2020
Ideas on How to Support Your Child At Home
- Help them to gain independence e.g. encouraging them to put on their own coat, jumper or cardigan and tidying up their toys when they have finished playing with them.
- Reading books with your child and discussing the book e.g. the characters and the setting, or encouraging them to join in with repeated refrains or phrases.
- Asking them ‘how’ and ‘why’ questions to explain reasoning e.g. how do you know, why did this happen?
- Looking at shapes and number in their environment, this could be by going on shape or number walks.
- Practise and encourage using a knife, fork and spoon when eating.
Wow Moments Sheet
You are invited to write about events, outings or visits that your child has taken part in out of school. Is there anything significant happening in your child’s life at the moment e.g. visits, holidays, new pets, family celebrations? Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your child e.g. current interests? We value the knowledge and understanding that you have of your child and would really appreciate it if you would share this with us so that together we can plan activities to meet your child’s needs and interests. Please return the wow moment sheet to a member of the Reception Team once completed.
What to expect, when?
This document is a guide of what to expect during certain times in your child’s development through their early years.