As members of The GIFT Team, we have a very important job to spread the Word of God throughout our school and the school community. It is our mission to interpret scripture so that children can better understand stories from the Bible and relate them to their own lives.
The Gift team have a very high profile in school. You may see us around school leading community prayer, leading the prayers in our own classrooms, helping deliver whole school liturgy and collective worship, welcoming visitors and new pupils to our school and organising liturgical events.
Our mission is to:
- work hard to promote our Catholic faith in school.
- support the school in emphasising its spirituality and Catholicity as set out in the school’s mission statement
- promote, plan and organise the celebration of liturgies and co-operate with others in developing the school as a Christian community
- preparing worship spaces around school
- responsible for class worship space
- teaching Gospel values to younger children
- ensuring the playground is an active, happy place
- help children to solve disagreements by themselves.
- interview pupils to find new ideas about how to make lessons more fun and creative
- welcoming visitors to our school