Welcome to Year 5's class blog
"Living and learning, inspired by our faith."
Welcome to Year 5's blog! Below you will see important reminders for the year ahead, as well as dates for the diary. If you have any questions which you would like to ask regarding the blog, please don't hesitate to see me at the end of the day.
Here are a few reminders of what you need to know this year:
- Children should always wear the appropriate school uniform.
- In cold weather, ensure children have their jumpers/cardigans and a coat with a hood (or a green school hat.)
- P.E. will be on a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Children are expected to bring their P.E. kits to school on these days and change into their P.E. gear before the lesson.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday. You will find the return dates for the different pieces of homework on the homework page at the bottom.
If your child cannot print out their homework from home, please write a note in their diary and I will provide paper copies.
- Children will need to bring their diaries and reading books into school every day. Please ensure that you sign the diary at least twice a week. Diaries will be checked at school and should be kept up-to-date by both school staff and parents/carers.
- Water bottles are allowed in school and if possible, could the bottles please have the children's names on them.
Important Dates coming up:
P.E. will take place on a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday this term.
Monday 16th September - Meet the Teacher session 3:45 start in the Year 5 classroom
Friday 27th September - European Day of Languages
Friday 18th October - Last day before Half Term
Monday 21st - Friday 25th October - Half Term
Monday 28th October - Children return to school
Wednesday 6th November - 8th November - Sayers Croft Trip
Wednesday 20th November - Parents Evening from 1:30 pm
Wednesday 11th December - Christmas Lunch
Friday 20th December - Last Day of Term 1:30 pm finish
The curriculum this term...
R.E. - Creation
Maths - Number and Place Value
English - Poetry
Sensational! Poems chosen by Rodger McGough
Science - Earth and Space
Properties of Materials
History - Space Travel