Key Stage 2 will be attending Parish Mass on Thursday 10th May to celebrate the Feast of the Ascension. If any parents are able to accompany year 3 to and from the Mass, please could you let me know. We will be leaving at 9:40 and returning at 11:00. Thank you! Mr L
17 hours Ago
In R.E. this week, we have been thinking about how some of the disciples felt when Jesus appeared on the road to Emmaus. We role-played the scene with some great acting. https://t.co/sPOsV46dD6
17 hours Ago
In maths, we have been working with our maths makes sense partner to find the equivalent fractions and decimals. ✏ https://t.co/8QiMD40uR9
17 hours Ago
In English today, we performed freeze frames from different parts of our story Oliver and the Seawigs. I wonder what scenes these children were acting? https://t.co/d9A9gLORPA
17 hours Ago
Welcome to Year 3's class blog
A very warm welcome to Year 3's blog! Below you will see important reminders for the year ahead, as well as dates for the diary, the winner of the "Star of the Week", Headteacher's award, house points and what the children have been learning about. If you have any questions which you would like to ask regarding the blog, please don't hesitate to see me at the end of the day.
Each Friday the blog will be updated by children from year 3 to tell you what they have been learning in class. So please remember to check back every Friday!
Here are a few reminders of what you need to know this year:
- Children should always wear the appropriate school uniform.
- In cold weather, ensure children have their jumpers/cardigans and a coat with a hood (or a green school hat.)
- Children will be expected to bring their P.E. kit to school and they will change for P.E in school. Once P.E. has finished, they will change back into their school uniform.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday. You will find the return dates for the different pieces of homework on the homework page at the bottom.
- Children will need to bring their diaries and reading books into school every day. Please ensure that you sign the diary everyday. Diaries will be checked at school and should be kept up-to-date by both school staff and parents/carers.
- Water bottles are allowed in school and if possible, could the bottles please have the children's names on them.
- Thank you to all of those parents who attended the Meet the teacher session on September 14th.
I look forward to another fun, hard-working and exciting year with the class!
Important Dates coming up:
P.E. will continue to take place on a Monday and a Thursday this half term. Please make sure your child brings in their P.E. kit. I will put reminders up on Twitter about the P.E. days.
Week Beginning: Monday 16th April 2018
Below are some of the topics the children have started to look at this week:
R.E. - What is a Paschal candle? Can we retell the Easter story? What do we notice about the changes at Easter?
English - SPaG: Prefix im- and ir-
Power of Reading: Was Oliver right to continue his journey? What decision should Cliff make about finding Thurlstone? Will Oliver ever rescue his parents?
Pobble: The Underwater home...
Maths - Fractions, decimals, using tenths, tally charts and adding multiples of 10 (compliments of 10)
P.E. Athletics and Tennis
Topic - Rainforests: How can we protect and save the rainforest?
Science - What do we know about rocks? Can we name the three rock groups?
- Homework has been uploaded. Please see the homework page for details. If your child cannot print out their homework from home, please write a note in their diary and I will provide paper copies.
- P.E. days are written in your child's diary but they will take place on a Tuesday and Friday this term. Please send P.E. bags in on Monday as the days may change. They will be sent home on Friday.
- Ensure that your child's diary is signed when they have read. If they have read to themselves, the children can write how many pages they have read, but it still needs to be confirmed by an adult's signature. Thank you!
Star of the week award:
Winner of the most house points:
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the lovely weather!
Mr Lyons, Miss Agnes and Miss Allday