More designs... https://t.co/g4Ea3sDVhQ
3 days Ago
Today we have been designing and drawing our own Viking Sheilds with Miss Heslington ! https://t.co/T3LgnCoKmc
3 days Ago
Some of our moves... https://t.co/spxcYjqoHp
6 days Ago
Today we were lucky enough to have a street dance class, it was fantastic and we learnt lots of cool moves https://t.co/j7eYqTxkm7
6 days Ago
Welcome to Year 3's class blog
A very warm welcome to Year 3's blog! Below you will see important reminders for the year ahead, as well as dates for the diary, the winner of the "Star of the Week", Headteacher's award, house points and what the children have been learning about. If you have any questions which you would like to ask regarding the blog, please don't hesitate to see me at the end of the day.
Each Friday the blog will be updated by children from year 3 to tell you what they have been learning in class. So please remember to check back every Friday!
Here are a few reminders of what you need to know this year:
- Children should always wear the appropriate school uniform.
- In cold weather, ensure children have their jumpers/cardigans and a coat with a hood (or a green school hat.)
- Children will be expected to bring their P.E. kit to school and they will change for P.E in school. Once P.E. has finished, they will change back into their school uniform.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday. You will find the return dates for the different pieces of homework on the homework page at the bottom.
- Children will need to bring their diaries and reading books into school every day. Please ensure that you sign the diary everyday. Diaries will be checked at school and should be kept up-to-date by both school staff and parents/carers.
- Water bottles are allowed in school and if possible, could the bottles please have the children's names on them.
Important Dates coming up:
P.E. will take place on a Tuesday and a Thursday this half term. Please make sure your child brings in their P.E. kit. I will put reminders up on Twitter about the P.E. days.
Wednesday 26th September – European Languages Day
Friday 19th October – Last day of Half Term
Monday 29th October - Kids back to school
Wednesday 14th November - Year 3 class assembly
Week Beginning: Monday 17th September 2018
Maths - Partitioning four digit numbers, revising times tables and measuring in mm, cm and m.
English - We have performed chapter two from our Power of Reading text, thinking about how the main character Edward was feeling. We have also explored the 'a' and 'an' spelling rule.
R.E. - Can we think of different occasions which we celebrate with our families?
Science - How does light reflect off objects?
P.E. - Street dance and tag rugby
- Homework will be uploaded on a Thursday. (Date of first homework to be confirmed) Please see the homework page for details.
If your child cannot print out their homework from home, please write a note in their diary and I will provide paper copies.
- P.E. days are written in your child's diary but they will take place on a Tuesday and Thursday this term. Please send P.E. bags in on Monday as the days may change. They will be sent home on Friday. The children will get changed into their P.E. kits and then back into their uniform at the end of the lesson.
- Ensure that your child's diary is signed when they have read. If they have read to themselves, the children can write how many pages they have read, but it still needs to be confirmed by an adult's signature. Thank you!
Headteacher's award: Emilia
Star of the week award: Leo H-W
Star Reader of the week: Emily
Winner of the most house points: Antoine and Nicole W (24)
Winning house: St Joseph's
We hope you have a lovely weekend and we'll see you on Monday!
Mr Lyons, Miss Heslington and Mrs Laljee