"Merry Christmas!" From Year 2! https://t.co/I2vDh3BZkW
2 months Ago
Year 2 loved their visit from Chiswick Fire Brigade! https://t.co/rMy9dEgQ6V
4 months Ago
Our absolutely fantastic Tudor houses for the Great Fire of London topic! https://t.co/qD8gOGBEy5
4 months Ago
We asked fantastic questions about babies and toddlers to our visitors today! https://t.co/hqyt4uXftv
5 months Ago
Welcome to Year 2's class blog
A very warm welcome to Year 2's blog! Below you will see important information for the year ahead as well as key dates for the diary.
Here are a few reminders of what you need to know this year:
- Children should always wear the appropriate school uniform. Please can you also ensure all pieces of uniform are labelled.
- In cold weather, please ensure children have their jumpers/ cardigans and a coat with a hood (or a green school hat).
- P.E. will take place on a Wednesday and a Thursday. Children will be expected to bring their P.E. kit to school on these days and they will change for P.E in school. The children will stay in their kit for the rest of the day and bring their school uniform back in their P.E. bags. Again, please can you make sure all clothing and P.E. bags are labelled.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and needs to be returned by Monday (English) and Tuesday (Maths). Details of the homework can be found at the bottom of this page. Children will receive English and Maths homework every week.
- The children will also have a spelling test of 10 words and a mental arithmetic test each week on Friday. These will be given out on Thursday of the previous week.
- Children will need to bring their reading books and reading diaries into school every day. Books are changed every Monday and Thursday. The children should be reading at home every day for at least fifteen minutes. Please ensure that you sign their reading record each night.
- Water bottles are allowed in school and, if possible, could the bottles please have the children's names on them.
- The children may bring in a fruit or vegetable snack for playtime.
- The children can also bring in things to that they would like to talk about and show to the class on Fridays only as we will have 5-10 minutes of Show and Tell at the end of this day.
- Please visit the Year 2 Twitter Page for updates on what we have been doing.
I look forward to a really fun and exciting time in Year 2!
Dates to remember:
Monday 18th September - Meet The Teacher
Tuesday 31st October at 2p.m. - Parent's Evening
Wednesday 22nd November - Year 2 Class Assembly and Coffee Morning