Christmas jumper day! Lots of happy faces ready for Christmas! Have a lovely weekend! Mr L and Miss H https://t.co/CzbAKBpS4h
2 days Ago
We've had a super day today! What an amazing Nativity performance by Early Years and Key Stage 1 followed by a yummy Christmas dinner! Thank you to all the parents who watched the Nativity this morning! https://t.co/rYKBrSTbHT
4 days Ago
It's almost time for St Mary's first Nativity performance of 2019! We've all worked extremely hard, creating some brilliant art work with some great examples below. Please remember to come to school in costumes and bring P.E. kits in bags. Thank you! https://t.co/9OVwDWNwmx
6 days Ago
Apologies for the late tweet! Here's what happened during Halloween in year 2!♀Firstly, the costumes were amazing! We completed Halloween multiplication arrays in maths and scary creative writing in English. Have a restful weekend. Mr L and Miss H https://t.co/lG9HMvX41Z
1 month Ago
Year 2's class blog
"Living and learning, inspired by our faith."
A very warm welcome to Year 2's blog! Below you will see important reminders for the year ahead, as well as dates for the diary, the winner of the "Star of the Week", Headteacher's award, house points and what the children have been learning about. If you have any questions which you would like to ask regarding the blog, please don't hesitate to see me at the end of the day.
Here are a few reminders of what you need to know this year:
- Children should always wear the appropriate school uniform.
- In cold weather, ensure children have their jumpers/cardigans and a coat with a hood (or a green school hat.)
- Children will be expected to bring their P.E. kit to school and they will change for P.E in school. Once P.E. has finished, they will change back into their school uniform.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday. You will find the return dates for the different pieces of homework on the homework page at the bottom.
If your child cannot print out their homework from home, please write a note in their diary and I will provide paper copies.
- Children will need to bring their diaries and reading books into school every day. Please ensure that you sign the diary everyday. Diaries will be checked at school and should be kept up-to-date by both school staff and parents/carers.
- Water bottles are allowed in school and if possible, could the bottles please have the children's names on them.
Important Dates coming up:
P.E. will take place on a Monday and a Wednesday this term. Please make sure your child brings in their P.E. kit. I will put reminders up on Twitter about the P.E. days.
Important Dates coming up:
Saturday 7th December - Christmas Fair
Tuesday 10th December - EYFS & KS1 Nativity performance for EYFS parents @ 9:30
Wednesday 11th December - EYFS & KS1 Nativity performance for KS1 parents @ 9:30
Wednesday 11th December - Christmas Lunch
Friday 20th December - Last Day of Term 1:30 pm finish
The curriculum this week...
R.E. - We have started to create our Advent display board, thinking about how the Shepherds felt when they received the special news from the Angel.
Maths - Understanding 2D and 3D shapes. We've also started to look at parts and wholes of different amounts. We will continue exploring fractions next week.
English - SPaG (silent wr-) Pobble - What could Claude's next adventure be? Extended writing - Is technology good or bad for us? Can we write a balanced argument?
P.E. - Dance and Ball games
Science - working scientifically
Headteacher's award: Gabriel
Star of the week award: Elia
Star Reader of the week: Isabella
Winner of the most house points: Juan Lucas
Winning house: St Anne's
Have a lovely weekend and we'll see you on Monday!
Mr Lyons and Miss Heslington