At St. Mary's house points are used to promote:
• Individual Responsibility
• Collective Responsibility
• Positive Behaviour
• Strong School Ethos
• Shared Aims and Goals
• Positive attitudes to school
• Positive attitude to others
• Effort and application
• Good manners
• Achievements and successes of all kinds
How it works:
Every pupil in the school will be a member of a house:
• St Anne’s, St Edward’s, and St. Joseph’s
• The houses will also have their own colours:
St Anne’s - Blue
St. Edward’s– Red
St. Joseph’s– Green
• Pupils in each class will be divided into the three houses and there will be an equal number of pupils in each house across the school.
• Pupils can earn points for their house at any time during the school day or during extra-curricular and out of school activities.
• All members of staff and adults visiting the school or working with pupils can award or take away points.
What Can Points Be Awarded For?
Class teachers, visiting teachers and non-teaching members of staff can award points for:
• Good manners.
• Helpful behaviour.
• Caring and considerate behaviour.
• Special effort and application.
• Improvement in achievement or attainment brought about by hard work and a positive attitude.
• Improvement in behaviour and attitude which pupils have consciously worked at.
• A positive attitude to specific tasks or school life generally.
• Responsible behaviour.
• Changes in attitude/behaviour/effort etc. which have been worked at by individual/groups of pupils.
• Other achievements seen by adults/staff as worthy of recognition.
The St Mary’s House System is VERY important to everyone, in the school!